Looking from our Franklin Method® lens of evolutionary design & function experience the power of imagery, touch and movement exercises to lengthen and balance shoulder and neck musculature. Learn how to melt away tension and associated mental anxiety. Release holding patterns in the upper body by activating the pelvic floor foundation and becoming aware of organic causes of tightness and muscular rigidity. Learn the experiential anatomy of the shoulder girdle and benefit from an increased awareness into the function and interaction of joints and muscles. Exercise with small rolling balls to experience smooth joint action, increased circulation and balanced posture.
This serves as a wholesome foundation for a liberated shoulder girdle and a relaxed, mobile neck. A unique evolutionary invention, our shoulder girdle allows us to maintain our arms above our heads for a fairly long period of time without tiring. The counterbalancing effect of the shoulder blade is especially helpful in arm elevation. Experience how the design of the shoulder girdle suspends it from the ribcage. Learn how to melt away tension and associated mental anxiety. Let your shoulders and neck become a place of ease and comfort.
Why should I take this workshop?
This course will not only load your brain with functional anatomical information that will inform your ability to “see” the body in front of you, but will also help your cueing reflect function. You’ll expand your imagery for the neck and shoulders, and as well learn fun & functional exercises using Franklin Method® balls and bands. Learn:
• How the shoulder girdle is designed to move.
• To have suspended, free and easy shoulders.
• Imagery to support ease & function in the shoulders.
• To use Franklin Method® balls and elastic bands to create smooth joint action.
What if I can't make the date and time?
We understand life is busy! If you cannot attend this course at this time, please follow these instructions:
1. Register for the course
2. Email Trey at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know you will not attend live but would like a recorded copy.
3. Within 48 hours of the workshop conclusion you will receive a recorded version that will be viewable for 2 weeks time.
Credits: 3 CECs
At the end of the workshop the attendee will:
1. Understand the evolutionary design and function of the shoulder girdle.
2. How to use Imagery and cue towards function within the Pilates environment.
3. How to use Franklin Method® balls & bands to support toned & released neck & shoulders.
|Welcome to Franklin Method® : Relax Your Neck, Liberate Your Shoulders ||Module||(Required)|
|Your Virtual Workshop ||Module||(Required)|
Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.