We say Pilates is for every body and indeed Pilates can play a strong role in helping individuals as they recover from breast cancer treatments and surgeries. Learn how Pilates can be used to realign the upper body, restore range of motion, and help people feel better body, mind, and soul.
What will I learn?
You will gain some background on breast cancer and treatments and learn what to do before and after mastectomy surgery. Replace fear with confidence and help others to heal. Research shows that Pilates is a safe and effective exercise for women recovering from breast cancer treatments, and can improve baseline measures for pain, mood, and function.
· Explore the role of movement in preparing for a mastectomy and in healing following a mastectomy
· Review important guidelines for creating sessions for students who are undergoing a mastectomy
· Learn new exercises for restoring movement
· Experience the power of proper sequencing in creating ease of movement
Why should I take this workshop?
Breast cancer if the leading type of cancer, causing death in women globally. It’s incidence is expected to grow worldwide as populations age and individuals partake in risk related lifestyle behaviors. Research has shown that Pilates can relieve the impact of breast cancer-related symptoms, arm yourself with the knowledge you need to work with students during their breast cancer journey.
What if I can't make the date and time?
We understand life is busy! If you cannot attend this course at this time, please follow these instructions:
1. Register for the course
2. Email Zoey at email@example.com to let her know you will not attend live but would like a recorded copy.
3. Within 48 hours of the workshop conclusion you will receive a recorded version that will be viewable for 2 weeks time.
Credits: 3 CECs
|Welcome to Pilates for Pink ||Module|
|Workshop Essentials ||Module|