Pilates for Scoliosis with Level III Master Instructor Jessica Schultz- 3 CECs
Scoliosis affects six to nine million people in the U.S. alone. Learn how to help clients with this common misalignment of the spine using props you probably already have in your studio. Learn the difference between a C-curve and a S-curve, and how to approach those clients individually using traditional mat and Reformer exercises. Scoliosis can be intimidating to both properly diagnose and teach in a traditional Pilates session. This course will make it simple and give you the tools to confidently modify sessions, communicate with clients and create a workout plan that improves posture, alignment and quality of life.
1. Learn the difference between a C-curve and a S-curve and how to approach both when working with a client.
2. Learn how to help a client stabilize and balance their spine when performing traditional mat and reformer exercise with towels, small balls, and wedges.
3. Learn what homework to teach a client, including specific breathing patterns, to practice in between sessions so they can continue to improve their posture and alignment.
Why should I take this course?
-Jessica has scoliosis and has worked with it over 20 years, you will gain insight through her personal experience with her body and her many scoliosis students' bodies.
You will learn how to:
- Properly diagnose a client’s spinal curvature
- Classify their posture using medical terminology consistent with Physical Therapists, Chiropractors and Medical Professionals
- Demonstrate and teach lateral breath work as an effective means of addressing postural deficiencies
- Incorporate efficient and specific small prop techniques designed to improve spinal alignment and support
- Apply these techniques in both Basic and Intermediate Pilates sessions (with or without apparatus)
Online Instructor Led Trainings
Oct 17, 2021 8:00pm - 10:00pm CEST
|Welcome to Pilates for Scoliosis ||Module||(Required)|
|Your Virtual Training Course ||Module||(Required)|
|Post Workshop ||Module||(Required)|
Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.