Diastasis Recti is NOT a natural result of pregnancy - no matter what google search says. There are specific ways to work with pregnant clients to help them manage the forces that are placed upon their abdominal wall that will make them less susceptible to developing 'DR'. 'DR' is the unnatural distancing of the abdominals from each other. Learn how to restore the abdominal muscles to a more natural distance for better uterine, sacral, and lower back support. Learn how to help post-natal clients or anyone suffering from lack of strength or tone in their midsection, as well as clients with 'DR' or other hypermobility issues.
Why should I take this workshop?
Learn how check for and safely teach a lesson for clients with an abdominal tear. Learn what exercises to leave out and what corrective exercises can be used within the Pilates system to help restore abdominal health.
What if I can't make the date and time?
We understand life is busy! If you cannot attend this course at this time, please follow these instructions:
1. Register for the course
2. Email Jessica at email@example.com let her know you will not attend live but would like a recorded copy.
3. Within 48 hours of the workshop conclusion you will receive a recorded version that will be viewable for 2 weeks time.
Credits: 2 CECs
At the end of the workshop the attendee will:
1. Describe the anatomy of Diastasis Recti and the forces and load to lead to the unnatural distancing of the abdominals
2. Describe the difference between DR, Hernias, and Pelvic Prolapse
3. Learn how to check for a DR
4. Learn how to teach a lesson for a client with DR safely (what to leave out and what corrective exercises to teach to help restore abdominal health)
|Welcome to Working with Diastasis Recti ||Module|
|Your Virtual Workshop ||Module|
Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.